Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day #8 I am thankful for a reliable car!

Day #8

I am thankful for my car.

Although I just barely got my car, I am thankful for it already. My other car Scarlett wasn’t exactly reliable. AT ALL! In an older post Hard Lessons Learned: Scarlett Edition, I stressed how important it is to not get a car because its “pretty”. Never knowing if your car is going to make it to your next destination is really stressful. You begin to thank your car for arriving safely when there should be no question.
Cars are probably THE WORST investment a person can have, aside from investing in some project over in Nigeria that needs $5000.00 right away to start saving all their neglected animals. Cars lose their value SO fast. Take Scarlett for example. When I bought her, I paid $7500.00 and 2 ½ years later I got $2000 out of her. NOT COOL.
Having a reliable car releases a lot of stress on me. I can drive wherever I want knowing that it is not going to explode. The only thing that isn’t so great, would be the payment. Lol. I enjoyed my nice $150 payment. But we also had to put in a lot of money monthly to fix the things that were breaking, not to mention a $1200 clutch. So we’re pretty much even now. I love my Betty White.




small signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Really! So go ahead...make my day. :)