Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Delicious Penne Rosa {Like from Noodles & Co.}

{This is the recipe I got off the internet}

I tweaked it a little bit.

PENNE ROSA


Serves 4-6


1 lb penne cooked al dente
1/4 cup of your favorite marinara
Spring onions sliced
2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
Crushed chili flakes to taste
1/4 cup mushrooms, sautéed
2 Tbsp cream
Olive oil
Balsamic
Kosher salt to taste
1 bunch fresh Sweet Italian basil leaves, sliced
1 bunch of fresh asparagus
Feta Cheese

Cook pasta to al dente then chill in ice cold water. Drain, toss with olive oil and set aside.

Chop garlic, slice the onions and mushrooms, de-stem basil, slice and set aside.

Drizzle olive oil and balsamic on asparagus. Toss well. Grill lightly and set aside.

Heat a large sauté pan. Add the olive oil, garlic, mushrooms and spring onions. Stir well. Add tomato sauce when the mushrooms, garlic and onions are sizzling and lightly caramelized. Add salt and crushed chile flakes to taste. Add cream, then the pasta and toss to coat. Pour onto a platter. Finish with fresh sliced basil. Garnish with grilled asparagus spears and Feta cheese crumbles.

I didn't do the whole asparagus part because I hate asparagus lol. But I added Chicken. I cooked it in a pan with olive oil, chopped garlic, onions, and basil.
Also I recommend using more of the sauce. It only calls for 1/4 cup, but I used a whole jar and just added 6 TBSP of Cream. Next time I think I will use about 1/4 cup of Alfredo sauce, just to see how it comes out.

I really really loved this. I hope you guys try it!! :)



small signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Really! So go ahead...make my day. :)